These healthy protein bars contain only four ingredients and are super easy to prepare! They make the perfect snack for on-the-go. So ditch those store-bought granola bars and make your own!
Are you ever just looking for a pre-made convenient snack to throw into your lunch bag that isn’t full of a bunch of junk? I know that I am often on a mission to find these types of snacks. That is why I LOVE these homemade peanut butter protein bars. They contain only four simple ingredients! And one of them just happens to be peanut butter. One of my favourite foods EVER.
If I have the choice, I always prefer making something over buying the packaged version, but at the same time, I’d rather not slave over the recipe for hours and hours…. ESPECIALLY if I’m going to be making it on a regular basis. With these bars, you can make them in less than 10 minutes, and they’ll last the entire week! Plus, they’re a great source of fibre with 4 grams per bar, and they’re low in sugar! There aren’t too many bars with that kind of nutritional breakdown…believe me! They have the perfect balance of healthy fats, complex carbohydrates and protein! So clear the cupboard of those packaged granola bars and try making your own! So much better!
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and vanilla protein powder. Next add the peanut butter and almond milk and stir until well combined.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into the pan with a spatula until equally distributed. Place the pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and cut the mixture into 8 equal bars. You may need to let it thaw out for a few minutes before you can cut through the bars.
- Place each bar in a little Ziploc bag or saran wrap and store in freezer.
Nutrients per serving:
Servings: 8 • Calories: 219 • Fat: 10g • Carbohydrates: 20g • Fibre: 4g • Protein: 14 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 101 mg • Cholesterol • 101mg