I love experimenting with new make-up products.
I just get so much joy out of trying on a new colour lipstick or a different shade of eyeshadow.
Probably almost too much joy.
But I’m a strong believer in doing what makes you happy.
And makeup is what makes me happy!
As much as I love trying out new makeup though, there are some products that just don’t budge from my makeup bag.
Just like I have my dietary staples, I also have some makeup staples that I just can’t seem to part with.
Let me give you an example.
I’ve tried SO many different brands of mascara.
They are either too clumpy.
The wand is too long and I poke my eye out.
They don’t wash off well leaving the whole raccoon eye effect.
Or for no reason in particular, I just don’t like them.
Back to L’oreal Voluminous Mascara I go.
I have yet to find a mascara that lives up to that one.
We just work so well together.
Below are some of my other makeup bag must-haves!
1. Jane Iredale – Rose Dawn Blush. This blush offers a beautiful healthy pink glow with a subtle shimmer. I love how it’s a quad so there are a variety of shades to choose from, which makes it super easy to layer. Plus, Jane Iredale makeup is great for sensitive or breakout-prone skin (like mine!)
2. L’oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour – Crystal Praline. I like the Colour Riche Line in general, but this shade is a nice light pink with a glossy shimmer finish. It’s almost like wearing lip balm because it’s light and moisturizing, but also has a touch of shimmer. It doesn’t get all over your teeth either, which is a huge bonus and is definitely subtle enough for everyday wear.
3. L’oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Concealer – L’orealparis.ca. I’ve been using this concealer for years! I just can’t seem to find any other concealers that blend as nicely or match my skin colour so perfectly. This one isn’t going anywhere!
4. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Precision Longwear Eyeliner – TarteCosmetics.com. This eyeliner is more of a recent find. I’ve always loved using liquid eyeliner to draw a thin line around my eyes for definition, but other ones that I’ve tried either bled into my eye (not pretty) or were hard to control. With this eyeliner, I can draw a very thin line and maintain lots of control. It’s almost like a marker!
5. L’oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara – Carbon Black. I’ve already mentioned this mascara above. It just provides the right amount of length and volume to my eyelashes without the extra clumping. Plus, it’s long lasting and has survived many emotional days. It’s been there for me through the ups and downs. That’s why I’m keeping it around for good.
What are some of your make-up bag staples?