This guacamole is easy to make and a healthy addition to any meal! Delicious served with tortilla chips, tacos, chili or on burgers!
I’ve been on a hunt for the perfect easy yet tasty guacamole recipe for a while now. With so many variations out there, it took a lot of experimenting, but I finally came up with a version that I love! This guacamole recipe got rave reviews from friends and family and was amazing served alongside tortilla chips, chili, on tacos, with chicken, fish and beef — yeah, we basically tried it with everything that we ate!
I love guacamole because it not only lends that creamy texture and burst of flavour, but avocados are also packed full of healthy fats, potassium and fibre! The tomatoes add that burst of colour and vitamin C, while the spices are a good source of antioxidants. Such a healthy and delicious way to add flavour to any dish!
- 3 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced (or more to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Small handful of cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Place the avocado and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Next, fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro or parsley, and garlic.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour and then serve.
Nutrients per serving (per 1/8th of the recipe, not including salt)
Servings: 8 • Calories: 71 • Fat: 6 g • Carbohydrates: 6g • Fibre: 3g • Protein: 1g • Sugar: 1g • Sodium: 5mg • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Adapted from The Food Network