These lettuce wraps are tasty and filling with only 100 calories per bite! Perfect to serve at your next party!
Next weekend is Superbowl and I can’t think of a better appetizer to serve up that these lightened up Asian Chicken Lettuce wraps! What I love the most about these little appetizers is that they are not only delicious, but actually quite filling since they contain 8 grams of protein per serving! They are also super low carb, which will most likely be welcome with the carb overload often present at Superbowl. Think pizza, nachos, chili with a warm bun…yeah, you get my vibe. So start off right with some filling protein and veggies and you’ll be less likely to go crazy indulging on the not-s0-healthy options.
Hope you enjoy!!!
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken (or preferred ground meat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 Boston or Bibb leaves
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Drizzle of hot sauce (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first nine ingredients until well combined.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onion over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Pour the sauce into skillet and stir, cooking until heated through.
- To serve, evenly distribute chicken mixture between ten lettuce leaves. Garnish with grated carrot, green onion, sesame seeds and hot sauce, if desired. Fold lettuce over filling and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving:
Servings: 10 • Calories: 103• Fat: 5 g • Carbohydrates: 3 g • Fibre: 0 g • Protein: 8 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 145 mg • Cholesterol: 41 mg