Asian beef meatballs served with a spicy peanut and coconut Thai sauce. Tastes great paired with zucchini noodles or brown rice!
I hope your week is off to a great start!
Personally, I feel like I’ve been running around like a mad woman.
Life is BUSY these days.
So I apologize in advance if I fall off the face of the earth for a few days.
Lately on the weekends, Matt and I have been getting crazy domesticated.
We hit up a gigantic antique market this weekend, and have all of these DIY projects in the works.
I’m super excited about that because I LOVE anything that involves decorating! I’ll keep you posted on our creations ;)
I’ve also put him to work in the kitchen helping me with testing recipes every weekend.
Gotta love a flexible guy whose up for everything.
We have a lot of fun coming up with new creative dishes together…and trying them out is always fun too!
These days, we’ve been experimenting with a lot of Asian recipes.
I’ve always been a big fan of Asian tastes and flavours, so I’m excited about some of my upcoming recipe posts!
One of our recent experiments were these Beef Meatballs with Coconut Thai Sauce.
Yes we had another one of our famous meatball-making weekends.
Life wouldn’t be the same without meatballs.
I just love how you can pack so much flavour into a little ball of meat.
Like who even invented that?!
I find that the Thai Coconut Sauce totally makes this recipe.
I love the combination of the coconut milk, peanut butter and spicy kick.
So flavourful….like to the point where I almost licked the bowl.
When I first tried it, I had the meatballs and sauce over a bed of zucchini noodles, but it would also taste great over brown rice, or even served as an appetizer
It totally hit the spot!
- 1 ½ lbs extra lean ground beef
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. finely minced green onions
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make meatballs, combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Form mixture into approximately 24 meatballs. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare sauce. In a deep, non-stick skillet, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce boils. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring often. Sauce will thicken a bit.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce or serve it as a dip with meatballs. Serve hot over zucchini noodles or brown rice.
Nutrients per serving:
Servings: 6 • Calories: 331 • Fat: 20 g • Carbohydrates: 8 g • Fibre: 1 g • Protein: 28 g • Sugar: 4 g • Sodium: 403 mg • Cholesterol: 95 mg