These cute and simple chocolate dipped clementines are full of juicy flavour and are perfect to serve up as a healthy appetizer or snack for a crowd! Make lots because I guarantee that they won’t last long!
Hope you had an awesome weekend and that you’re getting all in the holly jolly Christmas spirit!
Today, I want to share a super simple, but yummy and healthy snack that I’ve made at least four times over the past two weeks.
Dark chocolate dipped clementines with chopped pistachios.
I love making these at this time of year because it reminds me of those orange flavoured chocolate things that you smack. You know the ones I’m talking about, right? My mom used to always put them in our stocking every year.
What I love about these little clementines is that:
- They’re actually real food, as opposed to a bunch of processed junk in a wrapper
- They’re SO simple to make
- When you bite into a slice, you get this burst of juicy flavour, chocolatey goodness and crunchiness ALL at the same time!
These little clementine slices have made several appearances at work during my food demonstrations, at a brunch for friends….. and for my family to polish off….VERY quickly I might add. They are ALWAYS a hit!
Just to give you an idea about how delicious they really are, I’ll tell you a little bit about my little bro Jordan. Jordan used to be the pickiest kid EVER. He wouldn’t eat anything I made because he thought I cast some kind of healthy spell over it. Such a horrible sister, right?
Lately though, his taste buds have been maturing (thank goodness!!) and he’s actually been trying some of the stuff that I make.
I made a bunch of these chocolate dipped clementines last Friday, and put them in a container and left them out on the table. I went upstairs for a few minutes and I swear they were gone within 10 minutes.
And it was ALL Jordan.
No help whatsoever.
I was pretty impressed.
I highly recommend that you serve these up over the holidays as a little appetizer or healthy snack. But make a lot because they won’t last long!!
- 4 darling clementines, separated into slices
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted (I used 50% cocoa)
- 2 tbsp. chopped pistachios
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate clementines into slices, removing any of the white stringy pieces.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- One at a time, dip each of the clementines into the melted chocolate until approximately one third of the slice is covered. Place on the parchment paper and sprinkle with some chopped pistachios until the chocolate portion is lightly covered. Continue until all of the slices have been completed.
- Place the parchment lined baking sheet in the fridge until the chocolate has fully hardened, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Eat immediately, or store in a covered container in the fridge to prevent the clementines from drying out.
Nutrients per serving: (approximately 5 clementine slices)
Servings: 8 • Calories: 99 • Fat: 6g • Carbohydrates: 14g • Fibre: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 11 g • Sodium: 11 mg • Cholesterol: 5 mg