This pulled pork is super easy to make and is a leaner version since it’s made with pork tenderloin. Pop it in the slow cooker for the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal!
Hope you all had an amazing week! Life has been super busy on my end! Now that Matt & I decided to move our wedding date up to this year, we’ve been working every night to figure out the details of our big day. I am loving every second of it. Last week, it was all about the dress (super exciting!!!) and this week, it’s been all about the music and analyzing the menu. For me, food has always been one of the most important aspects of a wedding…are you surprised?! ;) In the package that we chose for our wedding, all of the food looks SUPER good. I wish I could just include it all. But that is totally not possible.
Last night, we were assessing the late night selection, and Matt asked me, if you could choose anything from this section of the menu, which one would you choose? Naturally, I gravitated towards the pulled pork….and surprise, surprise, that was Matt’s choice too!
We have both always been huge fans of pulled pork and we’re constantly experimenting with new recipes. I oftentimes find it hard to find pulled pork recipes that are tasty, simple and not full of a bunch of junk. Now I love me a good pork shoulder, but one thing I don’t have the patience for after a long day of work is picking out a bunch of fat all night. Just not how I picture spending my evenings. So this time around, we decided to use a pork tenderloin, and I couldn’t believe how tasty it was! I could barely even tell the difference between the pork shoulder and the the loin, other than the fact that there was A LOT less fat with the tenderloin. I basically whipped up this recipe in the morning before I went to work and stuck it in the slow cooker for the day. That, my friends, is where the magic happens! We came home that night to a super juicy and tender pulled pork that was full of delicious flavour…not to mention a lot leaner than the typical pulled pork that you come across. We served ours up on some brown rice with this Creamy Coleslaw, but you could totally serve it up on a salad or bun!
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup no salt-added chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place onion in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the honey evenly over the pork. Evenly distribute spice mixture over pork and place in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, Dijon mustard, and cayenne pepper, mixing thoroughly.
- Add mixture to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When tender, remove the meat and place on plate. Using two forks, shred the meat and onions coarsely, discarding any fat. Add the pulled pork back to the slow cooker and mix into the remaining juices. Serve on buns, brown rice or quinoa.
Nutrients per serving:
Servings: 4 • Calories: 236 • Fat: 8 g • Carbohydrates: 5 g • Fibre: 0 g • Protein: 28 g • Sugar: 5 g • Sodium: 392 mg • Cholesterol: 104 mg