This Mediterranean Bruschetta Spread is incredibly healthy and versatile! Use it on cucumber slices, chicken, burgers, a baguette or with pita chips for a dose of Mediterranean flair!
The other day at work, I whipped up some these really cute Mediterranean Cucumber Cups inspired by The Comfort of Cooking as an idea for a healthy holiday appetizer. They were SO delicious and the presentation was beautiful! I had doubled the recipe for the bruschetta mix, not quite knowing how much I was going to need for all of my cucumber slices.
Well, it turns out that I ran out of cucumber (darn!), so then suddenly I was stuck with an overwhelming amount of this bruschetta mix. #Dietitianproblems! So me, not wanting to waste any good food, started topping up EVERYTHING possible with this Mediterranean Bruchetta mix. I mean ever-y-thing!
I put it on my salad for 4 days straight, baked chicken breasts (yum!), burgers (double yum!), and even decided to top up a leftover baguette with some of this mix.
It was gone in 5 minutes TOPS! It would also be awesome with baked homemade pita chips! I love how this mix is filled with tons of healthy ingredients and Mediterranean flavours. My favourite type of food is Greek, so this is the perfect way to incorporate a little Greek into lots of different dishes!
What would you top up with this delicious Mediterranean spread?
Start brainstorming! ;)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.