These healthy mini egg cups are the perfect way to sneak some extra protein into your day! Great for any meal or snack!
Happy New Year everyone!!!
Remember how I said I would TRY not to drop off the face of the earth? Well…it happened. I’ve been so busy moving into my new house, organizing, wedding planning, and celebrating Christmas and New Years with family and friends that I kinda put the posts on the back burner. SORRY!!!
But the good news is, I’m back with a super easy and tasty recipe to kickstart the New Year! This is the time of year where many people set New Years resolutions to eat healthier. In my opinion, that’s a great goal! If you’re looking for a place to start, I always recommend starting with a solid healthy breakfast. It will set you up for healthier eating all throughout the day!
One area I find that many people tend to miss out on is getting sufficient protein at breakfast time. That’s one of the reasons why I LOVE these little Mini Egg Cups! They are a quick and easy source of protein! It takes less than 30 minutes to whip up a batch, and you can eat them all throughout the week. You can even store them in the freezer and eat them whenever your heart desires! That’s what I call a no-brainer recipe ;)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup finely chopped smoked salmon (can also use ham)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Whisk eggs with mustard. In separate bowl, mix together smoked salmon, cheese, and green onion. Divide evenly between the 24 cups of greased mini muffin tin. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until eggs are set. Cool for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife around edge of each frittata to remove. Serve warm or cool completely.
Adapted from Egg Farmers of Ontario
Nutrients per serving: (for 3 egg cups)
Servings: 8 • Calories: 98 • Fat: 6g • Carbohydrates: 0.5g • Fibre: 0.2 g • Protein: 8.5 g • Sugar: 0.2 g • Sodium: 336 mg •