This chili makes a quick, easy and healthy meal that’s perfect for those busy weeknights! Vegetarian and gluten-free.
I cannot get enough of this vegetarian chili! Seriously, it’s good stuff. I’ve already had it three times this week….and counting…..yeah I’ve got some serious vegetarian cravings these days. Plus, I’ve served it up to friends, family and co-workers. The chili is THAT good! It’s been getting rave reviews so I figured it’s time to get this recipe up on the blog! I love how it is packed full of fibre and protein…so it’s super filling, while still being heart-healthy! It’s also SO easy to make. It’s one of those meals that you can whip up on a weeknight when you have no clue what to make. I love making a huge batch of it and freezing the rest for an easy meal the following week! I’m all about those stress-free meals, especially after a busy work day!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups each cooked kidney, black beans and chickpeas (or 1 no salt-added can of each, rinsed)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 28 oz can no salt-added diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onion
- Diced avocado
- Shredded cheese
- Dollop of Greek yogurt
- In a large pot, sauté onions and red pepper in olive oil until tender
- Add spices, and mix until combined. Cook additional 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute
- Add remaining ingredients and heat, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 min.
Nutrients per serving (per 1/8th of the recipe)
Servings: 6-8• Calories: 276 • Fat: 3 g • Carbohydrates: 48 g • Fibre: 12g • Protein: 13g • Sugar: 12g • Sodium: 184 mg • Cholesterol: 0 mg